Start date 11/10/21 | End date 14/11/21
Full resurfacing works to Northbound and Southbound carriageway together with concrete slab repairs and drainage works. The majority of works will be carried out under a contraflow system.
Essential resurfacing work is to take place on the A483 in Wrexham between Junction 6 Gresford and Junction 7 Rossett. between 11/10/21 and 14/11/21.
The main works will be carried out under contraflow which will allow the A483 to remain open to one lane of traffic in either direction. This will enable the works to be carried out on the closed carriageway efficiently and safely. There will be full overnight closures at certain times within the programme, to enable the installation and dismantling of the traffic management system.
This project will address the deteriorating condition of the carriageway to eliminate the current ongoing and increasing requirement for reactive repairs. This will ultimately mean less disruption for motorists in future and will deliver a safe, quiet, high-quality road surface for many years to come.
A483 Northbound works between junction 6 Gresford and junction 7 Rossett
- Overnight full carriageway closure including. J6 northbound onslip on October 11th-12th for 1 night.
- Contraflow (all traffic on southbound carriageway) from October 17th onwards.
- Northbound on and off slips at J6 will be closed for the next three weeks.
A483 Southbound works between junction Junction 7 Rossett and junction 6 Gresford
- Overnight full carriageway closure including J7 southbound onslip on October 12th-13th for 1 night.
A483 in both directions
- Overnight full carriageway closure on October 16th-17th for 1 night
- 24h lane closures in both directions on October 12th-17th.