Where and Why?
Sections of the footway on both side of the Menai Suspension Bridge require replacement. Works began in mid January and will last approximately 23 weeks. These works are being carried out by UK Highways.
Diversions and Safety Measures
- Covid-19 measures will be in place.
- A programme of repainting sections of the bridge will also be carried out.
Programme of traffic management restrictions
- In order to carry out this work safely, traffic crossing the bridge along the A5 will need to be reduced into one lane from 7am to 3pm for the duration of the works.
- On week days, between 7am - 3pm, traffic crossing the bridge will be managed by two way traffic signals.
- There will be no weekend works.
- There is likely to be some 20 minute closures overnight to shot blast paint in certain locations on the bridge ready for repainting. This is scheduled to begin 13th April at 1900 for approximately two weeks.
- For safety reasons, footways on both sides of the bridge will need to close for up to 20 minutes at a time.
|Details of Restrictions||Start Date & Time**||End Date & Time**|
|Two way traffic signals||Weekdays 7:00 –15:00 11/01/21||Weekdays 7:00 –15:00 July 2021|
|Shot blasting bridge steel work
Intermittent Road & Footway Closures
|19:00 – 05:00 13/04/21||19:00 – 05:00 27/04/21|
** This is subject to weather conditions
For further details about the work and for the latest progress information,
please follow the Facebook Information Page Gwaith Cynnal a Chadw Pont Borth/ Menai Suspension Bridge Maintenance Works
For further information, please contact Traffic Wales on 0300 123 1213 or via Twitter @TrafficWalesN