The work will begin mid-September 2021 and will last approximately 3 weeks
A5 - Menai Suspension Bridge - Major Maintenance Scheme
- Covid-19 measures will be in place.
- Sections of the footway on both sides of the Menai Suspension Bridge require maintenance.
- A programme of repainting sections of the bridge will also be carried out.
- In order to carry out this work safely, traffic crossing the bridge along the A5 will need to be reduced into one lane from 9am to 3pm for the duration of the Works.
- Traffic crossing the bridge will be managed by two-way traffic signals.
- There will be no weekend Works.
- There is likely to be some 20-minute closures overnight to shot blast paint.
- The footway on the side of the bridge being repaired will be closed during the works, pedestrians will need to use the footway on the other the side.
For further details about the work and for the latest progress information,
please follow the Facebook Information Page
Gwaith Cynnal a Chadw Pont Borth/ Menai Suspension Bridge Maintenance Works