These works are being undertaken by UK Highways Ltd. Works will begin on June 26th 2020 and will last approximately 10 weeks.
Where and Why?
Essential resurfacing work is needed to the A55 between Gaerwen and Llanfairpwllgwyngyll – Junction 7 and 7A
Diversions and Safety Measures
- During the works, traffic will continue along the A55 in a contraflow system. For safety reasons - speed will be restricted to 30mph and 40mph in sections.
- During the westbound carriageway works, A55 exits for local traffic will be affected. The exit slip roads for Junction 7 (Gaerwen) and 7A (Star) will not be closed at the same time.
- In order to resurface the eastbound carriageway, traffic will be placed into contraflow on the westbound carriageway.
- The eastbound exit and entry sliproads at Junction 7 will be closed when works are carried out on the eastbound carrageway (towards Bangor). The diversion during this time is to Junction 8 & return along the A55.
- Covid-19 safety measures will be in place.
Please see video below for more details
Programme of traffic management restrictions
Some night-time closures will be required to protect the workforce.
UK Highways Ltd are responsible for these works and will be issuing updates on the project facebook page for further details about the work and for the latest progress information, please follow the Facebook Information Page Ail-wynebu’r A55, Gwedd 13 / A55 Resurfacing, Phase 13